Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Last night, at the Easter Vigil, I went into church a little worn out with my faith.  I had been arguing with Shirley a little, temptations to get angry. I was mad at God for not giving me the spiritual gifts that I thought I needed.

 

Well, Easter Vigil marks the end of Lent and the beginning of Easter and so it was in my soul. The service was fantastic. Lights and candles, baptisms and confirmations. There was a wonderful choir and the participants were singing with great joy. When I saw a new mother and her baby get baptized I almost started crying, when she received the Eucharist I was really moved. She was so happy, hugging her family with a smile of inner peace and union. I could tell she had been around in the world but she had come home tonight and I knew she was in the right place.

 

As I walked back to my pew, after receiving the Eucharist, I was caught up in the Holy Spirit. It was marvelous!

 

Ok Lord lets put on our packs and walk some more, Amen


No comments: